Tips to Help Make Taking Your Vitamins a HabitSeptember 22, 2021
According to statistics, nearly half of Americans will begin the year with the goal of improving at least one aspect of their lives. To improve your health, taking vitamins regularly is important after a certain age.
Many of the most sought-after resolutions are focused on healthy habits, such as exercising more and losing weight. Many of Dr. Cooper’s 8 Healthy Steps are on the list: stop smoking, eat better, drink less, and so forth.
Step 4 – Choose the right supplements for you – Dr. Cooper’s resolution may not immediately come to mind. It is an excellent place to begin your journey towards a healthier you.
Supplements to improve nutrition are an option for many people who don’t eat a healthy diet. It is a great choice for New Year’s resolutions because of its ease and health benefits.
Where to Start Taking Your Vitamins
A daily multivitamin or Advanced Omega-3 is a great place to start if you don’t have a supplement regimen.
Multivitamins provide essential vitamins that you may not be getting from your diet. Omega-3, which is also one of the most researched supplements on the market, is another. It is beneficial for heart health, brain health, and overall inflammation.
Omega-3 can be found naturally in fatty fish like salmon and mackerel. The American Heart Association recommends that you eat fatty fish at least two times per week. This amount of Omega-3 is not common in American diets so Advanced Omega-3 supplements are likely to be necessary.
Making Your Resolution Stick
These are some ways to make sure you have a lasting habit of taking your multivitamins and omega-3.
- As a visual reminder, take out one week’s worth of vitamins and supplements and place it in a convenient pill container.
- Take your vitamins along with a daily task such as brushing your teeth, or eating breakfast. It will make it easier to take your vitamins every day at the same time.
- You can use technology to create an electronic reminder (email, or text alert) on the smartphone that reminds you to take your vitamins.
- You can buy two multivitamins to take to work and one to keep at home. This way, you can always have your vitamins handy in case you forget.
- For easy portability, purchase Cooper Complete Healthy Body packs (prepackaged individual portions of our one-a day multivitamin/omega-3) and pack them in your purse, briefcase or lunchbox.
- You can set up an auto subscription to vitamins each month. A steady supply of vitamins will ensure that you don’t run out. It will also serve as a reminder to take your vitamins regularly. We are happy to help you set up an auto-shipment.
It takes an average of 66 days for a new behavior to become a routine. You can start your resolution right away and you will be on your way towards healthier habits in no matter how short it takes.
We recommend speaking with your doctor to determine which products are best for you. Cooper Complete products can be viewed at coopercomplete.com