Biotin SupplementsAugust 16, 2021
Biotin Supplements are beneficial for health. Biotin is a B vitamin that plays a vital role in the performance of various bodily functions. It is also most commonly referred to as vitamin B7 or vitamin H. This enhances your body’s ability to synthesize keratin proteins for healthier skin, hair, and nails. It helps improve biological functions, including metabolic processes involving fat, enhancing cardiovascular health regulate blood sugar.
While the research on biotin is still in its early stages; and its scope is still unknown; their demand and the benefits they can bring have caught consumers’ and researchers’ attention.
What Are the Uses & Benefits of Biotin?
Biotin brings benefits to your health in multiple ways, internally and externally. Some of these benefits are as follows.
- Biotin is a less well-known member of the B vitamin family; and brings benefits to hair and nail: The B vitamins form an important group of nutrients in your body;, and biotin is no exception. Moreover, Vitamin B7 is an important nutrient for the maintenance of skin, nails, and hair in our body,; and a B7 deficiency can result in dermatitis, thinning of hair, etc. Biotin supplement is useful in addressing skin rash, hair loss, etc.;, and many people have reported experiencing thicker hair growth, stronger nails, and even weight control. A case study showed that biotin supplementation could rapidly reverse the symptoms of hair thinning; and the biological imbalance of enzymes in the blood caused due to biotin deficiency. However, biotin deficiencies are rare; so it is difficult to evaluate if biotin supplements will benefit someone already having a balanced diet.
However, there is still insufficient evidence to learn about the full breadth of the use of biotin.
- Biotin might also help with skin health: research has shown that biotin deficiency; can cause the proliferation of yeast infections in the skin, dryness, scaling skin, and weakening of the immune system. Biotin supplement may not always, but still, in most cases, reverse these negative side effects of a biotin deficiency.
- It can help repair brittle nails: According to a study conducted on patients to a dermatologist with brittle nails, it was found that prescribing biotin supplement to patients for a course of several weeks resulted in a staggering 63% improvement in their nail conditions. Even though the res,t 37%, did not experience any improvement in their nail conditions;, it is possible that the nail brittle was not caused by biotin deficiency in the first place. Recovery in two-thirds of the subjects tested shows; that biotin supplements can help people with biotin deficiency get stronger and thicker nails. Biotin has also been proven to thicken the hooves of cows and cattle further.
The reason for improved hair and nail condition is that they are made up of protein keratin.
Biotin supplements increase this same protein synthesizes in the people who consumed this supplement for brittle nails or thin hair.
- Don’t make the common mistake of thinking that biotin is for preventing hair loss. While Biotin supplements may help increase hair thickness;, especially if it can be proven that the effect of nail palate thickness will be replicated; in hair follicle thickness, it can not prevent hair loss. While other supplements do prevent hair loss, such is not the case with biotin supplements. Further research is still needed to accept or reject the claim of hair growing thicker; and stronger due to the intake of biotin supplements.
- Biotin also seems to help control blood sugar: Biotin plays a bigger role in your body; than just improving the health of your hair, skin, and nails. It plays an important part in the cellular interactions of your body. In combination with chromium;, Biotin has proven to improve insulin response,; which can help reduce blood sugar levels in diabetic patients. While this may seem promising, it is important to remember; not to consider it a standalone remedy for controlling blood sugar levels, especially in diabetic patients. Biotin supplements for this purpose must be consumed with prescribed medicine under the supervision of a doctor.
Another research was conducted on the effects of biotin and chromium picolinate; on blood sugar levels in obese diabetic patients with type 2 diabetes. The subjects were divided into two groups. One group was given a biotin supplement with chromium picolinate, and the other group was given a placebo. The findings demonstrated that the biotin supplement substantially lowered blood sugar levels in type 2 diabetic patients; and thus became recommended as a secondary treatment for this type of diabetes.
However, it is necessary to talk to your doctor about this; if you have type two diabetes before starting biotin supplements.
- Biotin deficiency could occur during pregnancy: During pregnancy, many B vitamins are required, such as Folate, a crucial ingredient in most prenatal vitamins, to prevent the possibility of congenital disabilities. During pregnancy, the body’s need for several B vitamins increases;, so it may be safe to assume that one of these needs is for increased biotin levels in the body; because it not only helps prevent congenital disabilities in many mammals; but also protects women against biotin deficiency as increased levels of a specific biomarker for biotin; mean that biotin is being depleted quickly; which can reduce the number of biotin levels present in the mother thus causing a deficiency of this B vitamin.
Biotin Supplements and Pregnancy
A study was conducted on 26 pregnant women to see if pregnancy induces biotin deficiency; by randomly selecting women and giving them either a placebo or a biotin supplement. The research found that the biotin supplement vastly increased biotin level;, which has become an important part of prenatal vitamins and other B vitamins necessary; to be taken by the mother for her and her baby’s health during pregnancy.
- Biotin helps boost metabolism: as is the case with other B vitamins; Biotin is also necessary for the metabolic boost and functioning of the body. B Vitamins help converts the food you take in into glucose to provide fuel for your body. In the same way, Biotin allows your body to use proteins to carry out tasks; and functions in the body and activate fatty acids for an energy boost by helping convert carbs into glucose.
- Biotin supports brain and cardiovascular health: Biotin supplements help slow down the progression of cognitive degeneration; in older people due to its active part in neurotransmitter activity and nerve signaling; and protects the heart’s health against cardiovascular disease-causing conditions; such as atherosclerosis, chronic inflammation, and stroke. However, these heart-related benefits are mainly a combination of complex B vitamins rather than just a benefit of Biotin. B vitamins can also slow the progression of diseases such as dementia and Alzheimer’s in old age. While there is little evidence to confirm this; it is believed that B vitamins can also help regulate mood and increase concentration.
Biotin Supplements Side Effects
So far, Biotin has shown to be a safe supplement with no evidence collected on an upper intake limit for Biotin supplements. Since Biotin is included in food products that contain various other nutrients and vitamins, it is difficult to build a well-characterized profile for Biotin’s side effects. Even the very high doses of biotin supplement, 10 mg per day, have not caused any harmful effects. However, the only side effect found so far is that it reduces the effectiveness of certain medicines.
Who Can Benefit from Biotin?
- Pregnant Women – Biotin is an important vitamin not just for the pregnant woman’s health but also for her baby’s proper growth and development. This is why it is part of many prenatal vitamins and such a crucial nutrient.
- Those with Thinning Hair or Brittle Nails – Since biotin synthesizes keratin protein which helps with hair and nail growth, Biotin supplements can assist you in dealing with brittle nails or thin, dry hair. It can also help strengthen hair by thickening hair strands at the follicle, resulting in thicker and healthier hair.
- Those who want to control blood sugar levels: research has found that biotin can help control blood sugar levels in combination with chromium in people with or without diabetes.
- Those Taking Drugs that Lower Biotin Levels – some medicines like antibiotics and lipoic acid reduce biotin levels in your body increase your dietary biotic needs. Biotin supplements can help maintain levels of biotin in your body and maintain your overall health.
- Those at Risk of Biotin Deficiency – biotin deficiency increases risk factors of high cholesterol, high blood sugar, and digestive effects. The risk of becoming deficient in biotin increases if you are an alcoholic, smoke, are pregnant, have liver or Crohn’s disease, or consuming too many processed foods as part of your diet. Biotin supplementation can help reduce biotin deficiency and reduce these risks.
Are There Any Beneficial Biotin Stacks?
- Biotin and Chromium – Biotin stacked with chromium helps improve cardiovascular health. This combination improves blood sugar levels in your body.
- Biotin and Calcium – Calcium and biotin are a vital combination of nutrients for baby’s normal growth and development in its mother’s womb. Both of these nutrients are often found in prenatal vitamins. These two nutrients also work in collaboration to support heart health and hair growth.
- Biotin and Omega-3 Fatty Acids – while Biotin helps rebuild shingles on your hair strands to make them stronger, thicken the follicles and result in voluminous hair, Omega-3 fatty acids promote luster and growth of your hair. As a result, you can get the thick, healthy, and beautiful hair you always wanted.
- Biotin and Vitamin E – Biotin and vitamin E enhance the skin health benefits of biotin. Biotin formula promotes healthy skin, and Vitamin E is an antioxidant that protects your skin from toxins and oxidative damage. Together they help slow down the visibility of aging on skin conditions.
- Biotin and Silica Complex – Silica complex is a silicon supplement that is becoming increasingly popular due to the lack of silicon in our daily diets. Silicon is important for the body because it promotes collagen production that, in turn, helps preserve our youthful skin. Since biotin helps support skin health as well, the two make a great combination together. Moreover, they also support heart and joint health and improve absorption of minerals by the body.
Biotin Supplements Recommended Dosage
Research has found that healthy adults need to have a minimum intake of 30 mcg of biotin. However, this dose is insufficient if you wish to strengthen your nails and improve the quality of your hair.
Biotin supplements do not have an upper limit as biotin is a water-soluble vitamin. You can take it at any time throughout the day, with or without a meal. However, a good biotin supplement will have biotin levels anywhere between 1,000mcg to 10,000mcg.
Since biotin supplements are safe, you can try different dosage levels to monitor their effects on your body. However, the results on biotin are still insufficient. The safety is not evaluated. You should not exceed 10 mg or 10,000 mcg of biotin intake in a day.
Frequently Asked Questions About Biotin Supplements
Q: What is Biotin?
A: Biotin is a water-soluble substance from the nutrients group of B vitamins, also called vitamin B7, and is also a coenzyme. Biotin present in enzymes assists enzymes in chemical reactions to help build cells and metabolize the food you eat. It is not an herbal extract or derived from plants. Biotin is a micronutrient like Vitamin C and Vitamin E. Like other B vitamins, and Biotin supports metabolism, especially carbohydrates and fats.
Maintaining optimal Biotin levels in your body is important to diminish the risk of health problems associated with digestive issues, hair loss, nerve damage, cognitive impairment, cramps, muscle aches, fatigue, and many more. Therefore, it is important to take Biotin supplements if you believe your diet is insufficient in Biotin content.
Better biotin supplements contain limited fillers, high-quality biotin dosages and are made by well-reputed manufacturers. Biotin supplements can take the form of a capsule, liquid, powder, tablet, effervescent, et
Q: What is biotin made of?
A: Biotin is a critical micronutrient with a simple chemical structure. You will find it in fish, dairy, seeds, nuts, dairy, avocados, etc. Since some strains of probiotic bacteria also produce biotin themselves, you can have access to this biotin content when you have healthy gut bacteria. Hence, biotin comprises individual atoms that make up the biotin molecule to serve various purposes in the body, such as promoting hair and skin growth, supporting cardiovascular health, and stack with chromium to maintain blood sugar levels.
Q: What is biotin good for?
A: Biotin as a B vitamin performs various functions in your body, but biotin supplements are usually taken as a means of improving the health and quality of your hair and nails. This is why it is an important ingredient in most vitamins for hair growth.
Q: What are the uses of biotin?
A: Biotin supplement helps strengthen your hair and nails. Keratin protein synthesizes the protein in hair and nail growth. Clinical evidence backs this, additional biotin levels help ensure that your nails and hair reach their full health potential.
Some other research has suggested that biotin, along with chromium, can help improve blood sugar levels in people with prediabetes or who have metabolic syndrome. However, this particular area requires more research to back up this finding.
Q: What foods are high in biotin?
A: Some of the best food sources for biotin are egg, salmon, tuna, almonds, beef, sweet potatoes, and liver. Liver and egg provide the highest level of biotin content, around 10 mcg and 5 mcg per serving, respectively. Both kinds of people, those who eat meat and vegetables and those who only eat vegetables, can easily find nutritional sources of biotin.
Q: Does biotin help with weight loss?
A: Biotin is not a useful weight loss supplement so far. However, some people are at risk of developing biotin deficiency, such as those undergoing gastric bypass surgery to treat obesity and people on very restrictive diets. A report showed that people who have undergone surgery to treating obesity had had completely lost taste. A high dose of biotin supplement was able to restore their sense of taste. The findings of this report suggest that biotin deficiency might be due to aggressive weight loss or strict diet plans.
Q: What causes biotin deficiency?
A: Biotin deficiency is rare and usually caused by an excess of raw egg in your diet or a genetic mutation. Infant screening for biotin deficiency in the enzymes that process biotin in your body is important. If there is a genetic disposition regarding biotin intake, it is best to have it detected in its early stage. Excessive consumption of raw eggs causes biotin deficiency. Egg yolk has the most biotin. Thus removing the risk of causing biotin deficiency. Biotic deficiency is evident through skin rashes, brittle nails, and dry hair.
Q: How much is too much biotin?
A: According to nutritional studies, biotin intake should not exceed 10,000 mcg or 10 mg of biotin supplements per day. A dose above this level has not been studied so far; hence, it is safe to stay within this limit to avoid unwanted drawbacks.
Q: Is 10,000 mcg the best dose of biotin?
A: Highest safest permitted dose of biotin is 10,000 mcg. However, a few medical studies have reported using 40,000 mcg of biotin to treat biotin deficiencies, and these have not shown any adverse effects. You should not take more than 10,000 mcg.
How we ranked
To assist you in selecting the best biotin supplement for yourself, we have come up with a list. We first narrowed down our list to only biotin supplements where biotin was the key component of the formula and disregarded all other supplements that either used biotin and other supplemental ingredients or a supplement whose formula focused only on improving the health of hair and nails.
Next, we turned our attention to dosage.
We included products with more biotin levels than the recommended daily intake, 30 mcg. Still, we ensured that the dosage did not exceed the safety limit found in 10,000 mcg or 10 mg of nutritional studies. We analyzed other ingredients. Supplements without any unnecessary fillers, binders, or coloring agents ranked top of our list. This is also why liquid-based biotin supplements that either included too many solvents and coloring agents or did not carry the right dosage level did not make it to the list. People prefer capsule-based biotin supplements over liquid-based ones because it is easier to know the level of biotin you are getting with precise measure doses. In liquid-based biotin supplements, it is difficult to get the right amount from an eyedropper bottle.
We considered any other active ingredient that could work in synergy with biotin to produce a beneficial effect. Zhou’s HairInfluence includes MSM, folate, and other beneficial nutrients that allowed it to earn a good ranking in the list. The same success story followed Natrol Biotin that provided its users with extra calcium.
Biotin Pure + by Nuzena
Nuzena produces a premium biotin supplement called Biotin Pure + that offers maximum strength through its 10,000 mcg Biotin and 179 mg calcium capsules. The biotin supplement comes as a gluten-free, sugar-free, Non-GMO, sustainably sourced, and vegan-friendly supplement. All the reasons reassure that Nuzena Biotin Pure + deserves the number one position in our list.
Natrol Biotin Maximum Potency
Natrol manufactures a high-dosage biotin supplement with 66 mg of calcium to enhance the benefits derived from the supplement. It is vegan friendly, comes in a vegetable cellulose capsule, and from some of the most common causes of allergies, such as soy, nuts, and dairy. While Natrol also makes lower dosage biotin supplements, these 10,000 mcg high-dosage supplement is more popular.
Sports Research High Potency Biotin
The supplement provides 10,000 mcg of biotin dissolved in beeswax and coconut oil. It is a vegan-friendly softgel whose purity, the United States Pharmacopeia, guarantees quality and dosage accuracy.
Solgar Super High Potency Biotin
Solgar makes Super High Potency Biotin a simple formula with only 10,000 mcg of biotin and nothing else.
Solgar’s Super High Potency Biotin is a good biotin supplement choice for anyone who only wants biotin from a well-recognized manufacturer known for maintaining purity and quality in its supplements.
Zhou Hairfluence is more of a hair treatment solution than a biotin supplement. However, it still has 5,000 mcg of biotin and other B vitamins, MSM, pantothenic, collagen hydrolysate, and keratin protein. The main purpose of this supplement is to provide your body with all the essential ingredients it needs to enhance the strength and growth of your hair. Every serving contains two capsules and thus provides you with the safety limit of 10,000 mcg of biotin.
Zhou HairInfluence is a great choice for you if you are looking for a multi-ingredient hair supplement. However, if you want a pure biotin supplement, then other options might be more suitable.
NOW Biotin provides a simple yet effective biotin supplement with 10,000 mcg of biotin and no harmful additives, unnecessary binders, or common allergens such as dairy, eggs, and nuts. It is GMP certified, gluten-free, and comes in lower-dose versions of 1,000 mcg and 5,000 mcg without compromising quality.
Zenwise Health Extra Strength Biotin
Zenwise’s biotin supplement is an all-natural, vegan-friendly supplement that helps support the health of hair and nails and optimizes metabolism. It is free of common allergens such as dairy, soy, and nuts. However, the only downside to this biotin supplement is that it only provides 5,000 mcg of biotin without any additional ingredients to provide extra benefits. In contrast, its competitors offer a higher dosage and the benefits of including other related ingredients.
OmegaBoost provides 120 capsules of 5,000 mcg of biotin and 222 mg of calcium to support healthy hair and strong nails. This biotin supplement contains no artificial color, sweetener, flavor, or preservatives. Moreover, it is free of sugar, gluten, lactose, soy, and yeast and thus, suitable for people with diabetes. It comes with a money-back guarantee to boost consumer confidence and trust.
VitaFusion Extra Strength Biotin
The only gummy-based biotin supplement available in the market. It is the only 5,000 mcg biotin gummy. You will find it in natural blueberry flavor. It supports your hair, nails, and skin, it also helps with fat, carbohydrates, and protein metabolism. Gummies have gelatain in them and include artificial flavors and colors.
If you are not comfortable with pill-based supplements, then Vitafusion Extra Strength Biotin is for you.
Nature’s Bounty Biotin
You will find different dosages for this biotin. The 10,000 mcg biotin supplement is the most popular version. You will find drawbacks. Allergic soy patients should avoid it. The softgels are covered with titanium dioxide to enhance presentation.
SBR Nutrition Biotin
SBR Nutrition’s biotin supplement is unique in how it delivers biotin to its users through a dropper bottle that allows you to measure your dosage level of biotin before having it. Stevia and natural vanilla are the main flavors. However, it is difficult to be precise with your biotin dose daily with a dropper bottle.
Another article published on biotin supplements showed different rankings, and these were as follows:
Natrol Biotin Maximum Strength is a 100% vegetarian, high-quality biotin supplement that includes 10,000 mcg of biotin and 66 mg of calcium to benefit users. It is affordable and produced by a trusted manufacturer.
Nature’s Bounty Biotin
Nature’s Bounty Biotin is a high-quality 10,000 mcg capsule. You can stack it well with other ingredients at an affordable price. It offers pure biotin. A well-recognized brand manufactures it for its quality, consistency, and scientific research. The product is gluten-free and produced according to GMP standards.
Solgar Super High Potency Biotin
It is kosher, non-GMO, gluten-free, wheat, soy, dairy, yeast, sugar, sodium, artificial preservatives, sweeteners, colors, and flavors. It provides 10,000 mcg of biotin. You can stack it. Moreover, Solgar’s good name in the market builds consumer trust and confidence in the product.
Now Foods Biotin Extra Strength
Its mission to add value to its products so that its users can live a healthy life. Now Foods manufactures Biotin Extra Strength as a biotin supplement offered in a vegetable cellulose capsule to make sure everyone can benefit from it. It is affordable, easily stackable, and provides a high-quality dosage of 10,000 mcg.
Doctor’s Best Best Biotin
Doctor’s Best is a reliable manufacturer that includes thoroughly researched ingredients in its products tested at every step of the process. Only GMP-certified facility manufactures their biotin. It provides a high-quality dose of 10,000 mcg of biotin and is non-GMO, vegan, and gluten-free.
Jarrow Formulas Biotin
Jarrow Formulas is a well know brand in the dietary supplements industry. It uses naturally occurring 5,000 mcg of biotin in its biotin supplement, which is great for biotin stacks and free from wheat, gluten, tree nuts, fish, soybeans, peanuts, dairy, and shellfish. The manufacturer suggests that it is best to take this biotin supplement with a meal once every day for the most effective absorption and results.
Vitafusion Biotin a gummy-based biotin supplement offered a natural blueberry flavor. The biotin supplement includes 5,000 mcg of biotin and is free from glucose and corn syrup. However, each gummy contains 3 grams of sugar, which is not for those with diabetes or who are on the verge of getting it.
Nature Made Biotin
Biotin supplement by nature made follows a simple formula that offers 2,500 mcg of biotin in every serving of easy-to-swallow liquid soft gel. Nature Made is well-known for its supplement manufacturing industry and uses scientific methods to formulate and develop its nutritional products. However, there are better and less pricey options available in the market.
Sports Research Biotin
Sports Research Biotin is a vegetable-based softgel biotin supplement. This contains 5,000 mcg of biotin and is formulated with cold-pressed coconut oil for increased biotin absorption. It is vegetarian, non-GMO, and free from gluten, dairy, eggs, and other common causes of allergies. It uses naturally sourced biotin and has a 90-day money-back guarantee that helps build consumers’ trust and confidence.
Zenwise Labs Biotin
Zenwise Labs manufactures an all-natural softgel-based biotin supplement free from gluten, milk, soy, eggs, peanut, and wheat. It contains 5,000 mcg of biotin and is manufactured in a GMP-certified facility. Zenwise is known for providing its consumers with products made from 100% natural ingredients produced in GMP and NSF compliant FDA registered facilities.
Labdoor research on 9 Biotin Supplements
The label accuracy test measures the level of accuracy or discrepancy between the actual content of ingredients in comparison to that mentioned on the label. It was found that almost half of the tested supplements had their contents fall 10% short of what was claimed on their labels. Biotin levels deviated from label claims by an average of 14%. 6 of the 9 tested products had around 19% lesser biotin content than the label stated claim, and VitaFusion Biotin measured 43% less than what was claimed on its label.
All 9 tested products passed the heavy metal screens for arsenic, cadmium, lead, and mercury. This means all of them had metal recordings within limits according to MADLs (Maximum Allowable Dose Levels) and NSRLs (No Significant Risk Levels) set by California Proposition 65. These limits were to make sure the biotin supplements do not include more than 10 mcg of inorganic arsenic, 4.1 mcg of cadmium, 0.5 mcg of lead, and 0.3 mcg of mercury consumption per day.
All the tested biotin products averaged at 99.9 out of 100 in their nutritional value scores. Moreover, the tested biotin supplements recorded minimal quantities of sugars, fats, and carbohydrates.
The tested products did not include any artificial sweeteners, colors, or preservatives. Nutritional studies have shown that biotin doses up to 10,000 mcg or 10 mg per day are considered safe. Any amount of dosage above this amount has not been tested so far. Therefore, it is not known if they will bring any harmful side effects or not. Still, they have been associated with acne problems. 2 of the 9 tested products, however, had amounts of biotin higher than 10,000 mcg per serving. Biotin supplements can also be used in conjunction with certain medications. Still, it is best to consult your doctor before doing so, especially if you are already on prescribed drugs, taking dietary supplements, are pregnant, or have a medical condition.
The products tested measured 5375 mcg of biotin per serving on average, with a vast range in the quantity of biotin content across biotin supplements with VitaFusion containing 5,375 mcg of biotin and Natrol Biotin Maximum Strength having 10,700 mcg. We have not standardized the serving size. 6 products have less than 5,000 mcg of biotin content. 2 were have more than 10,000 mcg of it. Biotin also helps with the metabolic functioning of fats, glucose, carbohydrates, and amino acids.
A deficiency of biotin can cause hair loss, skin rashes, brittle nails, constant fatigue, cardiovascular problems, and high cholesterol levels. While these extreme conditions are infrequent, it is important to take the established Adequate Intake (AI) of biotin, 30 mcg for adults and 35 mcg for breastfeeding women per day. Biotin supplementation can help regulate blood sugar levels of diabetic patients and improving symptoms of diabetic neuropathy. Biotin supplements are also effective in strengthening your hair and nails. However, it is necessary to consult your healthcare worker for a prescribed before taking a biotin supplement.
Rankings by Labdoor
A+ Category of biotin supplements
- Solgar Super High Potency Biotin
- Nutridian Biotin
- Natrol Biotin Maximum Strength
- Nature’s Bounty Biotin
A category of biotin supplements
- Doctor’s Best Biotin
- Sports Research Biotin
- NOW Foods Biotin Extra Strength
- Zenwise Labs Biotin
A- Category of biotin supplements
- VitaFusion Biotin
Summary of the Labdoor Report
Labdoor analyzed 9 biotin supplements for their level of biotin content and heavy metal contamination such as arsenic, cadmium, lead, mercury. The results of the accuracy tests for biotin supplements that contained a range of biotin content from 571 mcg to 10,700 mcg showed a deviation of 14% on average from the content level claimed on the label. 2 from every 3 products contained less biotin than claimed with one product having 57% less biotin content than the label stated claim.
All of the products passed the heavy metal screening for contamination. While biotin deficiency is rare, it can cause hair loss, heart problems, brittle nails, and skin rash if it does occur. You should 30 mcg of biotin supplement for healthy adults and 35 mcg for breastfeeding women.
Biotin is a safe B vitamin supplement that can help strengthen your hair, repair brittle nails, prevent skin rashes, maintain your cardiovascular health, and control blood sugar levels.
It is safe not to take more than 10,000 mcg or 10 mg of biotin because your body does not have very high biotin doses. We need more research to fully understand the benefits of biotin on overall health. You also have to determine the required dosage biologically needed by your body.